Welcome to the ultimate guide on how to achieve a “snatched waist” – the envy of all hourglass figures! A snatched waist is all about having a slender and well-defined midsection that turns heads wherever you go. Fear not, as we’ve got the perfect exercises to help you sculpt your dream figure. Say goodbye to the belly fat and hello to that coveted snatched waist! Below, you’ll find my secret sauce recipe to that snatched waist. Let’s start sculpting!
Let me tell you, after 3 kids and turning 40 it’s been hard as hell to get anywhere close to where I was pre-babies . I gained 50 pounds with each pregnancy and was stretched to the max for about 4 years straight. I’m graciously accepting my new body and all that it’s provided me with, but I’ve come to the conclusion that I will never fit back into those old jeans any time soon (and I’m ok with that).
Remember, everyone’s journey is different, and it takes consistency and dedication to get there. Please don’t give up and appreciate the small gains!! It takes time! I included a video at the end in you need a visual guide.
4 exercises to a Snatched Waist
- Standing twist with weight (5-10lbs)
- Russian twists
- Rotating side planks
- Bicycle crunches
1. Standing Twist with Weight
The standing twist with weight is a simple yet powerful exercise to target those obliques and tighten up your waistline. To perform this exercise, you’ll need a dumbbell or any weighted object you can easily hold. Here’s how to do it:
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, holding the weight with both hands at chest level.
- Engage your core and slowly twist your torso to the right, allowing your hips to follow the movement.
- Exhale as you twist and hold the position for a brief moment, feeling the contraction in your obliques.
- Inhale as you return to the starting position.
- Repeat on the other side, and complete 3 sets of 12-15 repetitions.
2. Russian Twists
No, we’re not talking about traveling to Russia! Russian twists are a fantastic exercise to target both your abs and obliques, helping you achieve that snatched waist look. Here’s how you can do it:
- Sit on the floor with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground, leaning slightly back.
- Hold a dumbbell or any weighted object with both hands, and lift your feet slightly off the ground.
- Engage your core and twist your torso to the right, touching the weight to the ground beside your hip.
- Return to the center and then twist to the left, touching the weight beside your left hip.
- Keep alternating sides for a total of 3 sets of 20 twists (10 on each side).
3. Rotating Side Planks
Side planks are already excellent for building core strength, but let’s take it up a notch with the rotating side plank variation to enhance that snatched waist effect:
- Start in a side plank position with your elbow directly under your shoulder and your body in a straight line.
- Lift your free arm towards the ceiling, creating a T-shape with your body.
- Now, slowly rotate your torso, opening up your chest and hips to the ceiling.
- Return to the starting position and repeat on the other side.
- Aim for 3 sets of 10-12 rotations on each side.
4. Bicycle Crunches
Bicycle crunches are a classic exercise that targets your rectus abdominis (the six-pack muscles) and obliques, perfect for getting that snatched waist. Let’s get pedaling:
- Lie flat on your back with your hands behind your head and your knees bent.
- Lift your feet off the ground and bring your right knee towards your chest while simultaneously twisting your torso to bring your left elbow towards your right knee.
- Straighten your right leg while bringing your left knee towards your chest and twisting your torso to bring your right elbow towards your left knee.
- Continue alternating sides in a cycling motion for 3 sets of 20-25 repetitions (10-12 on each side).
Cardio: The Secret Ingredient for a Snatched Waist
While targeted exercises are vital for sculpting that snatched waist, let’s not forget the importance of cardio in the equation. Cardiovascular exercises help burn calories and reduce overall body fat, revealing the toned muscles underneath. Whether it’s running, cycling, dancing, or even jumping rope, incorporating regular cardio sessions into your weekly routine can work wonders for your waistline.
Aim for at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity cardio or 75 minutes of high-intensity cardio each week. Not only will cardio help you achieve a snatched waist, but it also improves heart health, boosts mood, and increases endurance.
Eating Healthy: Fuel Your Way to a Snatched Waist
As the saying goes, “abs are made in the kitchen,” and a snatched waist is no exception. To reveal those sculpted muscles and maintain a healthy weight, it’s essential to pay attention to your diet. Focus on a balanced diet rich in nutrient-dense foods such as fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, whole grains, and healthy fats.
Avoid excessive consumption of processed foods, sugary snacks, and empty calories. Instead, opt for portion control and try eating smaller, more frequent meals throughout the day to keep your metabolism fired up. Don’t forget to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water, as it aids digestion and keeps your skin glowing – a bonus for your overall appearance, including that snatched waist!
In the pursuit of a snatched waist, a holistic approach combining targeted exercises, cardio, and a healthy diet is the key to success. Remember that results take time, so be patient with yourself and stay committed to your fitness journey. Celebrate every milestone, no matter how small, and stay motivated by visualizing your end goal. Soon enough, you’ll be strutting around with a snatched waist that’s sure to make heads turn. So, lace up those sneakers, prepare wholesome meals, and embrace the joy of becoming the best version of yourself – snatched waist and all!
So, let’s get to work and snatch that waist like a pro!
Check out my blog for health, wellness and fitness: https://onehealthychic.com/blog/